|Home||» Products||» Magnesium Chloride Hexahydrate||» Magnesium Chloride Flakes|
Magnesium Chloride Flakes
Magnesium Chloride Flakes
We are one of the leading manufacturers and exporters of a wide range of Magnesium Chloride Flakes. Our products are manufactured using the best quality raw material and latest machines so that we are able to produce good quality Magnesium Chloride Flakes in bulk to match the expectations of our clients. The professionals are also trained in the domain and carry out a lot of research in the market to understand the exact demand of patrons. Moreover, we make sure that the orders are dispatched and delivered within promised time.
- Smooth texture
- Longer shelf life
- Fine granules
Magnesium Chloride flakes(Sample available)
USAGE: MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE HEXAHYDRATE
- Another major use is in the preparation of Oxychloride Cement (3MgO MgC12 11H2 0) which are made up in carefully balanced proportions of Magnesium Chloride and a dry mix consisting of calcined Magnesium Oxide (MgO) or Magnesite with fillers and other aggregates depending upon the requirement. These cements are fast setting and form a dense stone like product of smooth texture which is extremely strong, impact resistant, fire retardant and non sparking (antistatic) therefore
- It is used in industrial floorings, ship decks, railway passenger coach floorings, hospital floors and for aircraft hangar floors, ammunition factory floors, missile silos and underground armament factories and bunkers. The famous Siegfried Line ofWW-II on the border of Germany and France had its entire floor rendering of this cement.
- It is used in the manufacturing of Abrasive Bricks for polishing of marble, granite and other stones which are becoming increasingly popular in the building industry today.
- In the developing countries, as well as all other grain, pulses, and rice eating nations, Oxychloride Cement is used in the manufacture of soft grinding wheels ( Danish Stones ). In India, one third of our production is sold to this segment of the market. Inquiries from soft grinding wheel manufacturers in the U.A.E. and Sudan have been received by us.
- Magnesium Chloride is used in the manufacture of Magnesium Hydroxide Mg(OH) 2 for further preparation of Antacids for relieving stomach problems and ulcers. It is also used for alimentation.
- One of the most important uses of Magnesium Hydroxide today in Europe and America is as a flame retardant in polymers. Recent regulation in the west to ban or curtail the use of halogenated retardants (considered carcinogenic) has increased the demand for Mg(OH)2 retardants, going up to several thousand tonnes per year. Mg(OH)2 withstands up to 340oC and has been used as an effective flame retardant particularly for polyolefines. The Asahi Glass company in Tokyo manufactures a range of Magnesium Hydroxide for flame retardant applications and are potential customers for Magnesium Chloride. The main suppliers in Europe are Kyowa Chemical Industry (Kagowa) of Japan.
- Other Miscellaneous Application
- It is used directly as Magnesium Chloride Hexahydrate extensively for sizing of cotton yarn ,
- especially denim.
- It is used as a fire proofing agent for impregnation of wood, especially in mine timbers and
- specialized particle board.
- Extensively used for the treatment of Hypomagnesaemia (Grass Tetany or Grass Staggers). Recent research has proved that this condition mainly in cattle and sheep follows after winter when a herd is turned on to lush spring grass. Hypomagnesaemia is more noticeable in cattle grazing on pastures which have recently received a dressing of nitrogenous or potash fertilizer. By spraying a solution of Magnesium Chloride on grass or even directly on the animal or mixedinto the cattle feed, this condition is prevented and is proved to be extremely beneficial to livestock. Further, Magnesium Chloride is environment friendly and will not damage either grasslands or the cattle.
- Due to its extreme hygroscopic quality and being environment friendly it is used in many countries as a dust suppressant or dust binder on dusty roads, unpaved helipads, inside mine shafts and tunnels in coal mines, open cast iron and mines or where volcanic dust could pause a problem a problem even in thickly wooded areas where flying dust can spoil trees etc. By using a 30% solutions of Mg C 12 6H20 with 70% of water; using a simple apparatus of a road tanker with a spray boom to surrounding vegetation.
- It is an additive in fertilizer industry.
- It is used in fire-extinguishing agents.
- Magnesium Chloride is also used to coat insides of ore cars to prevent freezing of moist-ore in cold countries.
- It is used in fire proofing of steel beams.
- It is used in sugar-beet processing.
- It is used in water treatment.
- It is used as a humectant in paper industry.
- Also extensively used in processing Soya Bean as a food additive.
Typical Analysis Magnesium Chloride Hexahydrate Flakes (MgCl26H2O)
MgCl26H2O % by mass
97.0 to 99.0
Sulphate (as SO4), % by mass
Calcium (as Ca), % by mass
Alkali Chloride (as NaCL),% by mass